Cat profile pics?

sprout

Just saw the slew of cat profile pics on the politics threads and wondered if I'm missing something going on? Maybe some DB inspired catness after a disturbing profile pic that I feel fortunate I didn't get to see?

Here's who I noted so far as looking a bit feline:

@drummerboy

@ml1

@nohero

@Morganna

@Klinker 

Did I miss anyone?


DaveSchmidt

sprout said:

Maybe some DB inspired catness after a disturbing profile pic that I feel fortunate I didn't get to see?

Disturbing to some; a top 5 all-time album cover to others.

King Crimson’s “In the Court of the Crimson King” (1969):


DaveSchmidt

(Presumably unrelated, but the very first words spoken on the album are: “Cat’s foot.”)


sprout

OK. Iconic, and very 1960's style. 

But I can see how DB's kitten pic may be the better choice next to his posts. 

And @jamie, why in my post above is only Klinker linked?


DaveSchmidt

(Posting this just so a more appropriate image appears with this thread on the Forum page.)


joanne

sprout said:

Just saw the slew of cat profile pics on the politics threads and wondered if I'm missing something going on? Maybe some DB inspired catness after a disturbing profile pic that I feel fortunate I didn't get to see?

Here's who I noted so far as looking a bit feline:

@drummerboy

@ml1

@nohero

@Morganna

@Klinker 

Did I miss anyone?

 cheese me, featuring a cute rescue kitten recovering from a bushfire-related injury (we’re not able to adopt her)


sprout

Thanks @ joanne! Awww...


joanne

She’s so fragile, and now there’s been a weekend of sudden very heavy storms in her area. I hope she’s ok. The humans there are very gentle and loving.


Morganna

sprout said:

OK. Iconic, and very 1960's style. 

But I can see how DB's kitten pic may be the better choice next to his posts. 

And @jamie, why in my post above is only Klinker linked?

 I had made a comment about how scary dbs new avatar was, so he replaced it with a kitten, I thanked him in the name of my cat rescue Morgan Le Fay Cat Rescue. By the next day several people had changed their avatars to cats, so I changed mine too.Mine has been a burning candle because South Orange had 4 of the cats that myself and my friend's had rescued, killed when they had promised to hold them for us at a vet's office that they were using. I will go back to that avatar in honor of Elsbeth one of the cat's they killed. The thread is archived.


ml1

please allow me to introduce you to The Ambassador


mulemom

I guess Madeleine (the mule) won't mind if I change mine for a little while ....


tabby

Mine.  My husband Tomcat also has a feline avatar.




In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.